We view Retirement Planning as a process that helps in the development of a plan to reach your goals over time. Your retirement plan will change as your goals change. We begin the process by meeting with you to discuss your goals and review all of your financial and insurance information. Our team analyzes your information and develops recommendations.
We provide a complimentary comprehensive review of your financial and estate planning documents to gather facts and understand your questions:
Following is a list of items to bring to a first meeting with us:
I. Your Most Recent Statements (actual month- or quarter-ending statements) for:
- Mutual Funds, Stocks, Bonds, etc.
- Retirement Accounts (IRAs, ROTHs, SEP IRAs, etc.)
- Employer Plans: 401Ks, 403Bs, 457s, etc. (including the available choices for investing)
- Pensions, Profit Sharing, Stock Options, etc.
- Annuities (including the actual contract)
- Bank Accounts: Checking, Savings, CDs (% rates & maturity dates)
II. Your Most Recent:
- Personal and any Business Federal Income Tax Returns
- Social Security Statements
III. Legal Documents:
- Wills and Trusts
- Divorce Agreement
IV. Insurance Policies:
- Home, Auto and any other Property
- Life, Disability, and Long Term Care
- Group Insurance at Work
- Health Insurance Plan Information – Medicare Supplement and Drug Card
V. Beneficiary Statements for Retirement Accounts, Employer Plans, Pensions, Annuities, Life Insurance (Personal & Group)
VI. Expected Inheritances
After our initial meeting, we will review and analyze your documents and situation and develop specific recommendations to help you achieve your financial goals and help establish a framework for your legacy plans. This process may take one or two additional meetings.
We will review, discuss and make recommendations about:
- Medicaid planning
- Income in retirement
- Causality insurance
- Social Security
- Life insurance
- College Planning
- Long Term Care insurance
- Real estate holdings
- Contributions to Retirement Plans
- Estate planning & legal documents
- Various other topics
We will review and discuss our recommendations for your situation. You then take action on proposals you want to implement. At this point we establish our working relationship and discuss how we get paid based on actions taken.
Some recommended strategies are immediate, some are intermediate, and some are for the future.
We then walk with you through the events of life and the milestones you reach. We adjust your strategy and seek out opportunities when they arise. We communicate with you at least quarterly via our newsletter, meet in person at least once a year and are available anytime for a meeting or phone call.
We also help in time of crisis. No one plans to fail but many fail to plan.
We are a resource at your service. We have experience collaborating with a variety of local professionals, including: Attorneys (specializing in various subjects such as Estate Planning, Medicare and Medicaid), CPAs, real estate agents, nursing home specialists, Social Security, etc.
* Securities and Advisory Services Offered through United Planners Financial Services. Member: FINRA, SIPC.
The Retirement Financial Center and United Planners are independent companies.